Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Trash to Treasure: Windowpane Chalkboard

I first saw the idea of decorating with windows on Christy's blog, and fell in love right away! Something about her old chippy windows just made me swoon. And after that, I was a woman on a mission . . .

FIND.OLD.WINDOWS.

But where the heck do you get old windows? I didn't know either. Then just a couple of weeks later, my heart jumped when I came across two vintage windows at an antique sale. I didn't know where I was going to put them, but I bought them right away. I've since put them up in my living room. And after that I was officially addicted!

So when I came across this windowpane mirror at the Goodwill, I snatched it up right away.


But this is one of those "to-do" projects that sat in my "stuff room" for a really long time. I didn't have any inspiration for it at all. Then one night when I was laying in bed, it just came to me. A CHALKBOARD.

And here it is! I'm so glad I waited for the inspiration before doing anything with it. Because now I love it!

My husband's reaction?: "Another chalkboard?"

Oh well :)

1 comments:

tyandlinds said...

so funny, looks cute!