Monday, October 19, 2009

Copycat: Glitter clothespins

I don't feel like I have a creative bone in my body . . . Really.

No really.

If anybody tries to get me to come up with any sort of original idea, I usually fall flat on my face. It's bad. Real bad.

*Enter Blogland*

Blogland is packed full of creativity. It's amazing! Amazing I tell you. There are so many ingenious and resourceful women are out there. And with the plethora of pictures, tutorials, and step-by-step instructions, it makes it easy for a non-creative person like me to still have fun crafting and creating new things.

So if I ever come across an idea that I just love, I'll post it here under "copycat" and you can be inspired too. Besides, isn't imitation that best form of flattery?

I saw this idea over at My Sweet Savannah, hanging vintage Halloween cards with glittery clothespins.

I was thrilled with how they turned out. And now my kitchen is ready for Halloween!

Have I mentioned that I love Halloween?

6 comments:

{northern cottage} said...

are you kidding? You've got such cute interpretations!! Creativity is taking an idea & making it your won. You do it well! Silly, silly girl!! ;)

I'm not into halloween but I LOVE autumn decorating & the glitter just adds just the right touch!

Keri said...

You are super crafty! And where did you get those cards? I think I might need some:)

Anonymous said...

Looks adorable! I HATE working with glitter! Wanna come over and make me some :)

Anonymous said...

You are so creative! I too love looking at all the tutorials, step-by-steps etc. and feeling inspired. I love looking at your blog and your creative approaches to wood and vinyl. Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

You are so creative! I too love looking at all the tutorials, step-by-steps etc. and feeling inspired. I love looking at your blog and your creative approaches to wood and vinyl. Keep it up!

Tammy @ tinselshop.com said...

Karyn, I just stumbled upon your blog and I love your style. This is such a cute idea - thanks for sharing it! Your collection of Halloween cards is fantastic. I am crazy for vintage Halloween!!!

Best wishes,
Tammy