Friday, October 23, 2009

Copycat: Black Bats

If you haven't put anything outside yet for Halloween, this is the project for you! I always have a hard time decorating outside for Halloween. With two little kids, I don't like anything too grotesque or gory. This was so easy and the perfect touch for Halloween!

I found it over at Karla's blog. Just head on over there and follow her instructions and her link to the Country Living template.







The ones in front of the window are especially fun at night time. They create a "spooky" sillouette across the front.

FYI, I DID use heavy black card stock for mine (you can get a pack of 50 at Wal-Mart for $4) and I haven't had any problem with fading or curling. And I also used duct tape and it's held up just great.

Now go batty! :)

4 comments:

Crazy Lifferths said...

I totally noticed how awesome those looked when I drove by yesterday! I was SO jealous! I might copy you...is that bad???

Erin said...

Awesome! This will go on my list for next year for sure. Thanks for sharing your fun copycat ideas!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming by my blog. I ahve been zipping through yours and really like your style. Very Crafty. Love the bats!
Regards,
Amada

Joann's Hall of Fame said...

Um, you haven't had a problem with fading or curling because you live in the desert. I, on the other hand, would have a problem with sogging and disintegrating over here in the Bluegrass. Miss you Karyn! I can't believe you have two kids.