Thursday, October 29, 2009

My First Blog Award!

I’ve been sick, sick, sick for the past 10 days with . . .

(wait for it, wait for it . . .)


SWINE FLU!!


I know. I know. How can it be? I don’t know either.

I should say I wasn’t ever officially tested for it. But I did have every.single.symptom. And I was hit harder than ever before. My husband had to take off 2 days of work cause of it.

About a week into it, I thought about going to the doctor. But what if they told me that I didn’t have it? Then what would I think? That I was just a sick wimp for 10 days?

No, I prefer to go big. And in the mean time, I need a shirt that says, “I survived the swine flu.” Wouldn’t that be awesome? I totally need to patent that or something.

Anyway, I am feeling much better and so humbled to announce my first blog award!:



Given to me by my lovely friend at The Northern Cottage. Thank you! You are too kind.

Now with the award I’m suppose to pay it forward to seven other Kreativ bloggers.

Here are the rules for PASSING ON THE AWARDS:

1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award in your blog post.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people may not know.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each.


I decided that for this I would link YOU to my most requested blog links. By that I mean, I often get asked how I do this, or how I do that?

It’s easy. I read other people’s blogs :)


So here are 7 other fantastically creative bloggers that I’ve been inspired by:

1- I've talked about Joy before. She inspired me to spray paint.

2 - Kate at Centsational Girl gives a great tutorial on how to do a french antique paint treatment.

3 - Wanna a more distressed and beat up look? Joy (again, I love her) shows you how.

4 - Melissa at 320 Sycamore shows you how to make the cutest baby gifts EVER!

5 - I've showed you this tutorial before, but I've gotten more requests for it. Jen at Sanctuary Arts of Home shows you how to glaze. I love this technique! Use it all the time.

6 - Want to make your own hand-painted signs? Karla at It's the Little Things shows you how.

7 - And last but not least, Kim features a new creative blog nearly everyday. So you can just go straight to the source and see tons and tons of other creative blogs!


Okay, now 7 things you might not know about me (and probably wish you never did):

1 - I speak Spanish. I graduated from college with a degree in Spanish Teaching, and I worked my rear end off to finish on the Dean's List. But you know what's harder than learning a new language? Trying to communicate with a 3-year-old and a 1-year-old all day. So these days I mostly just speak gibberish and disconnected nonsense sentences . . . *sigh*

2 - I am a runner. And I'm currently co-captaining a 12-person relay team to run this race.

3 - I'm afraid of the dark. Really. The happiest day of my life was the day I got married so I wouldn't have to sleep by myself anymore.

4 - I really don't consider myself a crafty or creative person. I read blogs all the time about women who've been creating and crafting since they could hold a crayon. Not me! It's something I've gotten into recently and enjoy. Moral of the story: YOU CAN DO IT TOO!

5 - I say freaking, whatever, like, no way, what the heck, and sweet ALL.THE.TIME. Really, it's embarrassing. But I can't stop. Help?

6 - I don't like chocolate. I just don't. Go ahead and hate me.

7 - You might have guessed this last one by my blog title. I love sunny days! I do. I live for the sun. Cloudy, rainy, or snowy days make me feel depressed and closed-in. Sunny days make me happy. I lived in the Utah mountains for most of my life and then finally convinced my husband to move me to the Arizona desert. I'll take 335 days of sun any year!

4 comments:

Hopeful Housewife said...

Congratulations on your award & thanks for the fabulous links!

tyandlinds said...

congrats on the award...you deserve it!!! you should have said that you are an awesome and thoughtful friend, too

Tammy @ tinselshop.com said...

Congratulations! Have a HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Best wishes,
Tammy

JACK!E said...

add the word totally to the list on #5 and that is me to a capital T!! i know, how do you stop? hahaha