Monday, November 23, 2009

A Christmas Centerpiece

So I've had this berry pine garland since last year. As usual, I picked it up on clearance without having a clue what I was going to do with it.

But with a little patience, the inspiration came! And I decided to cut it up and use it in a Christmas centerpiece.

But I needed something to put it in . . . Hmmmmm. . . .

It needed to be solid wood, dark, rustic,
rectagular, not too big, not too small . . . Hmmmm . . .

But the more specifications I had, the less likely I was going to
find anything like it at the Goodwill (ha ha).

So I decided to make myself a box! (with a little help from the hubby of course)


I stained it a dark walnut and then piled in my chopped up garland.


Threw in some Christmas pinecones . . .


And called it good!


The husband even likes this one :) (bonus!)

3 comments:

Nicole said...

You are so awesome!! I love looking at your blog and wishing I could do half of it!

Crazy Lifferths said...

SO cute! I love it!

JACK!E said...

Ok so when are you going to have time to come over and redecorate my house? I need some spice!