Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Birthday Fun

Upper Respitory Infection.

Ever had one? Yeah, me neither. I kept thinking I had an extra nasty strain of the flu. But nope. Just a mean infection. So I've been condemned to the house all week and haven't had much time to make anything (sniff, sniff).

So I thought I'd share some simple things I did for my little girl's first birthday last week. We kept everything simple, but pretty and fun.

We started with some cut flowers from our yard. We do this every time we have visitors from out of town, or a get-together. We are lucky enough to have these beautiful flowers blooming year-round.I didn't get a picture of the rest of the table, but we just did a white tablecloth with some pink tulle laid down the middle and tied with a bow. Oh, and confetti. Just a sprinkle.

Then I made a pink and brown Happy Birthday banner strung up with some jute twine. This was my first paper banner and it ended up being more work than I'd originally planned. Lots of configuring and cutting and yada, yada, yada. I think I could whip one up now without any problem. But since I already have this one, I'll pretty much just use it for both of my girls birthdays for the rest of their lives. Yes, even their sweet 16. Sorry girls . . .


Can't forget the cupcakes. This was my first attempt. I'd give 'em a 6 1/2 out of 10.


This was my favorite. I strung up some more jute twin across my shutters in the kitchen and hung up vintage birthday cards and pictures. I painted and glittered (is that a word?) some clothspins to hang them up with. I had lots of fun with it. And I have something similiar I want to do for Halloween. I'll let you know if it turns out :)


It was good that I kept myself busy with decorations for the party, so I didn't have to be too sad about my baby turning 1. I hate that they grow up so fast . . .

2 comments:

Dave said...

Honey,

Our little Lia is growing up too fast! But when she is old enough, she will recognize all the time and effort you put into the cute decorations and her amazing video. Thanks for making it great!

MaRiN said...

So cute! Love all the vintage baby photos. Your girls are adorable. And yes....it's crazy how fast time flies.