Wednesday, September 16, 2009

BABY

Someone asked me the other day if I'm always working on something . . .

Oh my goodness, yes!

But in a very good/bad sort of way . . .

Why bad you ask? Because my craft room (or "the stuff room" as my daughter likes to call it) looks like a tornado just went through it . . . and because I often look like a bag lady with paint on my hands and in my hair . . .

Good, because I'm always involved in creating something that makes me smile :)

Like this little project that my friend asked for some help with. She's expecting a new little one ANY day now, and she wanted something to fill a large wall in the nursery. She had the vision, and I just helped make it happen. I just painted four white canvases the colors used in her nursery.




Then for the letters I just printed them out on plain paper, carefully cut them out, and used them to trace around.

I just trace them with a pencil and follow that with this paint marker (Wal-Mart, craft section by the paint).

Then I filled in the lines with some antique white craft paint. They looked great just like that, but my friend wanted a little more somethin' somethin'. So I just antiqued them with some brown glaze.

Wanna do your own glazing? Jen gives a great tutorial.

I think they are just so cute! And you could do a million different things with this same idea . . . initials, names, designs. Lots of possibilities! Plus, I often see the canvases 50% OFF at Hobby Lobby.

She'll kill me when she finds out I'm showing this, but she made the most darling memory board to also go in the room. Love it!

4 comments:

tyandlinds said...

such craftiness all around. i saw these today and they look great! thanks for my new addiction, btw ;)

Amy, Dan and Ryan said...

The letters and everything in the baby's room are so stinkin' cute! You and Erin are so talented!

Keri said...

Oooh, I have needed some of those paint markers for about 10 projects in the past. Good tip!

And you are so crafty!!

MaRiN said...

I love how this turned out! My sister is having a boy in about 6 weeks, I'm thinking I might have to make these. I love your color choices too. I'm over the whole baby pastel look.