Friday, August 14, 2009

A Green Chalkboard

I first saw the homemade chalkboard on Joy's blog.

Okay . . . first of all . . . love. her.

She is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. Her's was one of the first crafty blogs I stumbled across, and has been a favorite ever since. She is THE QUEEN of spray paint and completely inspired me to start using it myself. Plus, she makes awesome furniture out of doors. Yes . . . doors. How cool is she?

If you check out her blog, make sure to go drool over her green coffee table. (I secretly dream about this table at night and want to be just like her when I grow up so I can make one for myself :)

So, onto the chalkboard. I found this picture frame at the Goodwill.

All I did was remove the glass and spray paint it with this stuff. (Yes, you can spray paint glass)

Then sprayed the frame itself with this stuff. (Both from the Home Depot)



After the frame was dry I sanded down the edges and antiqued it with some brown paint. Then after the glass was completely dry, I just popped it back into the frame and VOILA!

8 comments:

MaRiN said...

I recently made a really large chalkboard for my kitchen menu...love chalkboard paint! I love the green!

J.Frey said...

So cute! I really need to learn how to be crafty...

Fenus family said...

Very impressive!!! I like what you are doing there kiddo :)

Hunter Family said...

So cute! This is the kind of stuff I NEVER think of.

Crazy Lifferths said...

I noticed that at your house the other day and forgot to mention it! It is SO cute! you are so inspiring....

Brittany said...

great job & i love that green!

Small House said...

OH CUTE! Love the green with the red.
Have a great day.
Sandra

Melissa said...

Karyn~ that green is perfect and is divine with that red! Thanks for linking up :)