Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Halloween Decorating

It’s officially October! Yay! October has always, always, always been my most favorite month of the year. I love fall and I LOVE Halloween, so it’s just my perfect month. Unfortunately, it’s not quite the same here in Arizona (okay, really, like not even close), but I’m still giddy over it.

So naturally I started pulling out Halloween decor even before September was over ;)

I had fun rediscovering some of the little treasures that I got at 80% last year after Halloween. Love when that happens!

Two other things I added this year are a witch silhouette:

P9290041

And this BOO sign:

P9290032

The witch silhouette was an idea I came across on Robyn’s blog.

IMG_6170

She sketched out a silhouette of a witch and then filled it in with craft paint. She kindly provided a download for her sketch, so I just used Photoshop and filled it in with black and then printed it out.

P9270019

I dug out an old frame that I picked up at Goodwill forever ago on 50% off day ($2.50) and spray painted it black. Then I popped out the old sunflower pic and added the witch printout.

Not as crafty as Robyn’s but I still think it turned out cute ;)

PA020080

Then nearly TWO years ago, I came across this fun Halloween project by Joy:

IMG_1339

She used a frame from the dollar store and just added her letters printed out on newspaper.

Easy, right?

IMG_1337

Well, not if your Dollar Tree doesn’t carry the frames :( Dang it! So I gave up on that little craft . . .

Until I came across this guy at the Goodwill . . .

P9270020

This is something I usually wouldn’t have even blinked at, but right away it reminded me of Joy’s craft from years earlier. It was 50% off that day too so it came to a whopping $1. Hey, that’s as good as the Dollar Tree, right?!

The main frame was already black, so I just needed to spray paint the 3 little inside frames . . .

P9270021

Then I tea-stained some regular lined school paper and printed out the letters (Century Gothic font).

P9290032

Simple things that add some fun variety to my old Halloween stuff.

Have you started decorating yet?


xoxo

6 comments:

Kim's Treasures said...

Love your decorations!!! Everything looks great! The set of three frames isn't from the Dollar Store they are from Target's Dollar Spot. They have them from time to time and I stock up on them, they cost $2.50 for the set of three. Last time they came in white and natural too. Keep your eyes open for them! I love them!

sarah said...

amazing decorating accessories and tutorial :) I am, sarah, fan of all good decorating ideas :) thanks for these

Joy said...

I love your Halloween mantle decorations! It looks boo-tiful (sorry, I just can't resist a pun).
Thanks for the link. Happy fall!

Anonymous said...

Just discovered your blog today and I have been reading through some of your posts. Love how your halloween display turned out. I really like the witch silhouette, the bunting and the boos sign. Too cute!

tyandlinds said...

super cute :)

Erin said...

you're so stinkin' crafty. Love it!