Saturday, June 5, 2010

For the love of cards

I started making cards about 6 years ago. A friend of mine brought me along with her to a card making class offered by another girl just out of her home. And I’ve been hooked ever since then . . .

I did the classes for about 2 years, and then slowly started making them on my own. Now all the girls in my family do a card swamp about 3-4 times a year.

And can I just say . . . I ADORE scrapbook paper. I imagine I hoard scrapbook paper like a seamstress hoards fabric. There are just so many fun and colorful designs out there, it makes it difficult for a paper junkie like me to pick and choose. So I often end up with a lot :)

Besides the card swap I do with all the other girlies in my family, I love to dig into my stash of paper to make a set of cards to give away to my friends on their birthdays.

This is one of a set of cards I made recently for my friend . . .

P5200053

I didn’t plan on putting the pink and blue paper together, but when I saw them next to each other on my table, I knew I found a winning combo :)

P5200051

This little flower is my favorite element on the card! Vintage loveliness . . .

Any other paper junkies out there?

1 comments:

Brandy and Robert said...

Well, I thought I made cards, and perhaps I still do but you don't make cards, you make works of art!! If mine turned out like yours I'd make them more often!