Thursday, October 1, 2009

More Fall Nesting

It's the 1st of October! And Rhoda from Southern Hospitality is having a fall party, so I'm linking up to show the rest of my fall decor.

If you look closely in the picture of my fall grapevine tree from yesterday, you'll notice we have a really long display shelf flanked with HUGE mirrors in our living room. Ummm . . . I hate it. Like really hate it. It's my arch enemy in decorating this home! You can't hang anything above because of the mirrors, and it's so long that it's really hard to get stuff to look coordinated at all up there. Blast!


And, unfortunately, we rent this quaint little home, and there's nothin' I can do about it. So I just try my darndest to dress it up and make it look nice. So here is some other fall decor I've added along "the shelf" . . .


I got a lot of my fall decor last year at Hobby Lobby and Michaels for 80% and 90% off.


I collected these nuts that look like buckeyes last year from my mother-in-law's yard :)


See the windowpane chalkboard behind my fall banner? I'll have to show you what it use to look like . . .


Remember my love for this blue? Well I'm loving it even more with all the fall colors! (aren't blue and orange coordinating colors or something?)


Here's our Fall mantle (also flanked with another huge mirror, whoever first lived in this house sure liked looking at themselves!) . . .



I hand-painted this sign using some scrap wood I had. What do you think?


And finally our fall centerpiece using a basket from Savers, a white pumpkin from Michaels at 80% off, and a cut up fall garland from Hobby Lobby at 90% off.


Have you started decorating for Fall?

14 comments:

Christi said...

Everything looks great!! How about using some of those 3M hooks and picture hangers on the mirrors? I've used both on walls and they work great! Just a suggetion!

Artsy Fartsy Junkin Finds said...

LOVE your Fall accente, Great blog, glad I found it!! Tootles, Janna

Erin said...

It looks great Karyn...even with those mirrors!

Rhonda said...

Love, love, love it all!! Love the chalkboard window and yes--love the blue with the fall colors!!

Nicole said...

You are so talented Karyn! Your house is so cute. I wish I had half the talent you do!

MaRiN said...

Oh man, I'm struggling to decorate since I'm moving in 4 weeks! Seeing all the cute decor makes me want to decorate anyways. I really love the burlap fall banner.

Marie said...

Hello Karyn - I'm lovin' all your beautiful Fall inspiration! My fave is your hand-painted Harvest sign. Love it. Great job! Thank you for sharing.

Blessings,
Marie
http://emmacallsmemama.com

Taryn and Sterling said...

I love all your craftiness. I think your shelf looks awesome even with the mirrors. I wish I had an area to put that much stuff. I have started decorating for fall, but I need you to come and help! Your stuff is cuter!

J.Frey said...

Karyn, I am beyond impressed! Please come to my house and decorate for me!!!

Courtney said...

So pretty!! I love it all! Got to love Micheal's deals!

Darla said...

Karyn, I found your link on Southern Hospitality. I love clicking on a link a seeing it is someone I know! Your fall decor is so cute. You did a great job. I need to break out my stuff. I found a whole bunch of fall stuff at Goodwill back in the summer. Thanks for the inspiration...as always!

Anonymous said...

I love it! You are so talented with the arrangements and craftiness.

Kami said...

Love it Karyn!You have to teach me how to antique...I need a lesson:)

{northern cottage} said...

hey my sunny girl -

You've been awarded the Kreativ Blog Award here -

http://northerncottage.blogspot.com/2009/10/our-house-has-it.html

Wasn't sure which awesome post to add but decided on this one because of all the eye candy! Yum!